Sunday, April 28, 2013

My SUPER SAVINGS shopping trip at Walgreens!

So I headed to my local Walgreens last night for some pop before the sale ended. They were re-tagging everything for the new sale that started today. I asked the Manager if the new prices were already activated and she told me that both ads were active. (I love it when they do that!) I noticed some great deals on snack foods and some grocery items so I decided I would use my accumulated Balance Rewards points and get some food. I had 40600 points which meant I could redeem $50.00 in rewards on eligible items! This is what I got.


  • 6 cases of pop (on sale 3/$11.00 through 4/27)
  • 6 bags of combos BOGO FREE $2.39 
  • 2 boxes Velveeta Shells and cheese 2/$4.00 with $1.00 off coupon in May Savings book 
  • 2 BBQ Chicken frozen pizzas Delish brand on sale for 2/$6.00 
  • 6 Lunchable fun packs 2/$4.00
  • 2 packs of Oreo cookies 2/$5.00
  • Milk $2.99 (not on sale but needed it anyways) ineligible for balance rewards redemption
Total was $59.64 (including tax)
Redeemed $50.00 in Balance Rewards
Total OOP: $9.64! for 25 grocery items
Not too bad considering I went into the store planning on spending at least $11.00 on pop. Now I need to build my points up again (I'm a point hoarder)

I LOVE shopping at Walgreens I always find great deals and I love earning points!

2 comments:

  1. these sales are great and you sure saved a lot..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Love getting groceries for cheap, especially since I have 3 boys who eat everything in the house lol :)

      Delete